Our mission is to promote healthy child development by educating, inspiring and providing information for parents, caregivers, teachers and Higher Education. SDStepAhead is a comprehensive early childhood initiative made possible by the South Dakota Department of Education.
What can you do with the SDStepAhead website?
- Download the South Dakota Early Learning Guidelines (SD ELG)
- View the SD ELG by Ages & Stages
- Dive in deep into the 5 Learning Domains
- Access to activity links and book recommendations for each Learning Domain
- Use SD ELG to support children with disabilities
- Access to strategies to help children with disabilities participate in learning activities
- Use SD ELG to support Dual Language Learners
- Locate Tribal and Non-Tribal Head Starts in South Dakota
- Find special education, health, dental, social, and mental health services by SD counties
- Find licensed providers by county
- Find Early Childhood Training offered in South Dakota
- Access to early childhood South Dakota resources, national resources, and hands-on websites for learning
- Access to Transition to Kindergarten information and activities including downloading the Crosswalk between the SD ELG and the SD Kindergarten Standards.