Health & Physical Development Domain
This domain addresses healthy eating, healthy sleeping, engaging in physical play, large motor and fine motor activities, self-care and personal hygiene and safety behaviors.
Support Health & Physical Development goals by choosing books:
- about healthy eating, food groups, and the effects of healthy practices
- about different foods: healthy vs. unhealthy or texture comparisons like crunchy vs soft
- on healthy sleeping: bedtime routines, why sleep matters, etc.
- about different types of exercise: yoga, playground, kids’ sports
- about large muscle movement
- on personal hygiene: washing hands, brushing teeth, blowing noses, toileting, etc.
- about germs and sickness and how to avoid them
- about safety: indoor, outdoor, classroom, playground, pedestrian, fire, weather, etc.
- that address community or the adults that help keep us safe